Wednesday, December 30, 2009

No Rest for the Weary

A full night of sleep has evaded me lately. I'm sleeping well for the most part. I manage to go to bed at a decent hour and wake up rested, but I'm not sleeping through the night.

I have some of the most vivid and wild baby dreams. The most recent one is that I woke up with a baby girl in my arms. Brian looked like he had just finished a marathon but I couldn't figure out where the baby had come from. Apparently, I had delivered her in my sleep. Brian, on the other hand, had been awake during the whole experience and gave me the play-by-play.

Given what I know about the birth experience, I doubt that was a premonition. Most likely, it was just wishful thinking.

Brian says he's also had vivid, unusual dreams. So it seems we both are up and down throughout various times of the night. Suppose we can count this as practice for when the baby arrives. At least we can't say we don't know what it's like to be up every two hours.