Sunday, June 17, 2007

Product Review: Better Balance Protein Cereal

The folks at Kay's Naturals sure do know their stuff when it comes to protein snacks. I was lucky enough during ASBS to sample a variety of their products, but the Better Balance Protein Cereal exceeds expectation. During the conference, I snacked on the Honey Almond and French Vanilla flavors right out of the bag. This morning for breakfast, I enjoyed the Apple Cinnamon variety mixed with my Fage 0% greek-style yogurt.

Though I like all of the varieties, Honey Almond is my favorite. It reminds me a bit of Smart Start, which was a cereal I regularly enjoyed as a pre-op. Apple Cinnamon tastes like Apple Jacks, and French Vanilla has a great vanilla flavor.

The O-shaped cereal comes in 1 oz. packages, providing 9 grams of soy protein in 100 calories with 1.5 grams of fat and 15 grams of carbohydrate (3g dietary fiber; 3g sugar). The cereal is sweetened with inulin.

Hit or Miss? A definite hit. The Kazemzadehs, who own the company, were nice enough to let me try almost all of their products at the convention tradeshow. Awesome product!

2 comments:

Melting Mama said...

Ooh! Yay. I have some of this waiting in an UPS truck to be re-delivered Monday! :D

Donna said...

Love, love, love Fage! :)