Friday, June 30, 2006

Peach Cobbler Recipe

I believe I have perfected my cobbler recipe. Beau says it's a keeper...we'll see what his parents say when I serve it for dessert tomorrow. I would rather use Nature's Sweet instead of Splenda, but since I didn't have any, this is what I went with:

Tonya' s version of Grandma's Peach Cobbler
1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 cup flour
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup Splenda
3/4 cup milk
3 cups peeled and sliced fresh peaches, with their juices
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Put the butter in a 9x13-inch Pyrex baking dish and put the dish in the preheating oven. While the butter is melting, mix up the batter by combining the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and milk.
When the butter is completely melted, remove the pan and pour the batter into the melted butter. Then, carefully spoon the peaches and juice evenly over the batter. Return dish to the oven and bake for 45 minutes to an hour.

No comments: