Sunday, August 09, 2009

And then I got engaged


Last fall was a whirlwind for me. In the span of a week, I earned the free use of a car from Mary Kay, became a director with the company, turned 31 and became engaged.

I'm exhausted just thinking about it. But then again, I don't tend to do anything halfway. I'm either all in or all out; tip-toeing has never been my style.

And that also sums up how I ended up dating and agreeing to marry a man after swearing off romance for all time.

I met Brian through a coworker when I went to a production at the local playhouse. Brian was in the cast, and I was instantly captivated. Pride wouldn't allow me to admit at the time, though. After all, I was the "never girl." I swore I would never date again, love again and marry again. I was wrong. I've learned to never say never again.

Brian swept me off my feet, and our story is a remarkable one, but it's not one I'm sharing right now. Suffice it to say that I found my soul mate and am enjoying my own version of "happily ever after."