Friday, August 11, 2006

Movie Night -- "Super Size Me"

Tonight's session ends with a screening of "Super Size Me," the now famous documentary by Morgan Spurlock. Spurlock spent 30 days eating nothing but McDonalds food. During that time, he gained about 30 pounds and suffered serious health problems.
This is the third time I've seen the movie. The first time was a year before my gastric-bypass surgery, and it was then that I swore off McDonalds. I had it at home to watch the day I was released from the hospital. It helped strengthen my resolve as my mother and husband sat on either side of me eating Jack in the Box for dinner.
It's a film I highly recommend watching, if for no other reason than to understand why this country has more than 60% of its population who are considered obese.

No comments: